For serving 6 to 8
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 foie gras, 500 to 600 g (1 to 1.2 lbs), grade A
30 ml (1 oz) Domaine Pinnacle Ice Cider
Salt and pepper
1. Take the foie gras from refrigerator 30 minutes before working it to bring it to room temperature.
2. After readying the foie gras (thouroughly removing ALL the vessels) salt and pepper generously.
3. Add the ice cider.
4. Let marinate 10 minutes.
5. Preheat oven 120°C (250°F).
6. Pack liver in terrine dish.
7. Cover and cook in double boiler for 9 to 10 minutes.
8. Put in refrigerator.
9. Wait 2 to 3 days before eating.
The terrine de foie gras may be kept for up to 15 days, if covered in foie gras fat or duck fat.
Olivier Chaudet, Chef cuisinier, Restaurant le Paris Beurre
1226 Van Horne, Outremont, Quebec
Tel: (514) 271-7502