For serving 1
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 Cortland apple slices
1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
1 slice of fresh duck liver ("foie gras") approximately 1 cm. thick (3 slices if served as main course)
Dash of salt and white pepper
1 oz (30 ml) Pinnacle Ice Cider
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter, add oil and cook the apple slices on medium-high heat until caramelized.
2. Remove apples and place on serving plate.
3. Heat pan to medium heat and cook foie gras for 4-5 minutes.
4. Turn over with spatula.
5. Add salt, pepper and glaze with Pinnacle Ice Cider.
6. Immediately remove from pan and serve with caramelized apples. Make sure the served plates are warmed ahead of time.
7. Serve with a glass of cold Pinnacle Ice Cider.