Whether served with tapas during cocktail hour, or during a meal, both the crispy, vivacious and refined Domaine Pinnacle Verger Sud Still and Sparkling Ciders are magical with this recipe. Just as Sauvignon Blanc wines are terrific with fish and seafood dishes. Remember that when you think shrimp, you should also think watermelon, tomatoes, pink grapefruit, paprika, piment d’Espelette, peanuts, toasted sesame oil and soybean sprouts. All of these ingredients share the same aromatic profile as both Verger Sud Still and Sparkling Ciders. As you can imagine, these skewers can easily be transformed into a salad, or an Asian style stir-fry cooked in a wok, by substituting toasted sesame oil for the paprika-infused oil.
24 cherry tomatoes
12 shrimp 31/40, peeled and deveined
1/4 water melon
1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) paprika
1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
1. Preparing the skewers: Wash and dry cherry tomatoes, cube watermelon to match the size of the tomatoes.
2. Preparing the paprika-scented oil: Mix olive oil and paprika. Set aside.
4. Spear shrimp, watermelon cubes and cherry tomatoes, alternating until each skewer is full.
5. Place skewers on the grill and cook on each side for a few minutes.
6. Brush cooked skewers with paprika-scented oil, and serve.